Blizzard Makes Battle for Azeroth Warfronts Harder to Enter; Various Healing & Health Effect Boosts on Trinkets
Blizzard has rolled out a new hotfix that makes it harder to join Battle for Azeroth Warfronts by requiring a minimum iLvl to queue.
The newly implemented patch requires players to have a minimum iLvl of 320 to queue for Warfronts. This change makes it harder for players to gear up their characters. Prior to this hotfix, a large number of fresh level 120 players would use Warfronts to gear up their characters with iLvl 340 gear to get ready for Mythic+ dungeons and raids, thereby skipping large amounts of gear progression.
The new BfA hotfix also boosts healing and health effects for various trinkets in the game, including the Dread Aspirant’s Emblem, Dread Gladiator’s Emblem, and Mchimba’s Ritual Bandages.
“We re-evaluated our guidelines for budgeting defensive and health-restoring effects in comparison to damage-dealing effects, and concluded that several such trinkets needed a significant increase”, Blizzard writes.
In addition to the above, the most recent hotfix includes nerfs to Mythic Fetid.
A few minutes ago, we applied the following hotfix. This will appear in our next full hotfixes update, and is now live:
Fetid Devourer's health, and the health of Corruption Corpuscle and Mutated Mass have been lowered significantly in Mythic difficulty.
— WarcraftDevs (@WarcraftDevs) September 12, 2018
We’ve included the release notes for the September 11 patch down below. Please note that the Fetid nerf isn’t yet included in those notes:
September 11, 2018
- Primal Rage (Command Pet ability) should now correctly reset its cooldown at the end of an encounter.
- Dread Aspirant’s Emblem and Dread Gladiator’s Emblem maximum health value increased by 55%.
- Inoculating Extract healing increased by 44%.
- Lingering Sporepods healing increased by 140%.
- Mchimba’s Ritual Bandages absorb increased by 190%.
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem healing increased by 33%.
- Xalzaix’s Veiled Eye absorb increased by 190%.
Developers’ notes: We re-evaluated our guidelines for budgeting defensive and health-restoring effects in comparison to damage-dealing effects, and concluded that several such trinkets needed a significant increase.
Heart of Azeroth
- Fixed an issue where Blessed Portents would not trigger from self-inflicted damage.
- Synaptic Spark Capacitor (Druid) now correctly reduces the damage you take from affected enemies by 5%.
- Fixed an issue where Wild Fleshrending (Feral Druid) would not increase the damage of Brutal Slash.
Player versus Player
Inevitable Demise now functions in PvP.
- Command Pet will now properly change to the appropriate ability (Survival of the Fittest, Master’s Call, Primal Rage) when entering Arenas.
- Grasping Thorns should now despawn when their shapers are killed during “Goldfield’s War.”
- Fixed a bug that caused daily Pterrodax raising quests to disappear after entering an instance.
- The Warfront queue now requires a minimum item level of 320.
- Unlocking the fifth tier of War traits now only requires defeating two unique enemy Warfront commanders (was three commanders).
Battle for Azeroth, World of Warcraft’s seventh expansion, is available now.