ARMS Update 2.1 Released by Nintendo; Next Update To Include New Fighter and ARMS
Nintendo has released ARMS update 2.1 which offers new difficulty levels and exercises alongside Fighter and Arms tweaks. Additionally, it has been confirmed that the next update for ARMS will include a new Fighter and ARMS.
No new character this time around, but the update includes quite some changes to the game’s training mode. Down below you’ll find the official release notes from Nintendo:
- Moved “Training” to the top menu.
- Added five exercises to “Training”, and added difficulty level indications.
- Adjusted the way the rush gauge fills, decreasing the amount gained for punches that do not connect with the opponent.
- When 3-4 players start a battle, instructions on how to switch targets will now be displayed. A cursor will also be displayed above the current target for a set time.
- Adjusted hitbox sizes for fighters, improving issues where hits were not registered despite looking like hits.
- Changed the pause, results, and replay menus in “Training” to be more convenient.
- For “Best Stage” in Stats, made it harder for less frequently played stages to be selected, even if you have a high win ration on them.
- Corrected issue that caused the game to hang-up when the ending was skipped at a particular time.
- We have made the following adjustments for some fighters and arms:
Fighters / Arms
Increased dash speed. Increased movement speed when jumping.
Increased movement speed when jumping.
Adjusted floatation when performing a jump attack.
Byte & Barq
Trained Barq to get up quicker.
Increased speed when throwing in a wide curve. Increased extension speed. Increased homing.
Increased extension speed. Increased homing.
Increased extension speed. Improved curving performance. Increased retraction speed. Shortened the time needed from starting a rush to firing the first shot.
Improved curving performance. Increased retraction speed. Increased expansion rate when extending.
Increased expansion rate when extending. Increased retraction speed. Decreased expansion rate for charge attacks.
Improved curving performance. Increased retraction speed.
Increased extension speed. Decreased rush damage.
Increased speed of charge attacks.
Increased rush damage.
Made it so the electric shock when a charge attack connects lasts longer. Corrected odd behavior that occurred when a rush attack connected with a wall or platform.
Corrected odd behavior that occurred when a rush attack connected with an opponent that was not targeted.
Increased retraction speed. Made it so the electric shock when a charge attack connects doesn’t last as long.
Increased retraction speed. Decreased expansion rate for charge attacks. Decreased speed of charge attacks.
Cracker, Popper, Hydra
Increased retraction speed.
Decreased extension speed. Decreased expansion rate when extending.
Aside from the 2.1 update, the official Japanese ARMS Twitter account has confirmed that the next update for the game will include a new Fighter and ARMS.
ARMS is available now for the Nintendo Switch. The game was released back in June of this year.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter