Flash AOSP Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM on LG Nexus 4 – How to
Offering some amazing features and still keeping the stock Android look, AOSP Android 5.1.1 is now available for Nexus 4. Popular for improving Nexus 4 battery life, here is how to flash AOSP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Nexus 4. You can also check other guides covering Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROMs too.
- Relevant: Best Android Lollipop Based Custom ROMs - List
AOSP Android 5.1.1 features:
- App Ops
- Ambient Display
- Volume Rocker Wake
- Reboot Menu
- Lollipop Phone Icons
- Headup Improvements
- Dynamic Location and Cast Tiles
- Lollipop Bootanimation
- Excellent Battery Life
Prereqs to update Nexus 4 to AOSP Android 5.1.1:
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 4 should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Update Nexus 4 to Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM:
- Connect your Nexus 4 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 4 and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the Bootloader mode: press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously. Follow onscreen instructions and go to recovery. Once here, use Volume keys to highlight and Power to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the AOSP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so don't get worried. Don't forget to let us know if you like the AOSP 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM on your Nexus.