Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z5
Don't want any fussy features on your Sony Xperia Z5? Android Open Kang Project is the answer to all your ROM worries. Based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, AOKP Xperia Z5 Nougat ROM is now available. Follow this guide for links and steps to update Xperia Z5 to Android 7.1.2 powered ROM.
Prerequisites to install AOKP Xperia Z5 Nougat ROM
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z5 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z5 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% power.
How to flash AOKP Xperia Z5 Nougat ROM
- Connect your Xperia Z5 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone memory's root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z5 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with a USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img - press Enter.
- fastboot reboot - press Enter.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from the TWRP recovery menu, select wipe > Swipe to factory reset.
- From the recovery menu, select install and locate the Xperia Z5 Android 7.1.2 custom ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step to flash OpenGapps.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Xperia Z5 into the new custom ROM.
First boot may take a good 5 minutes so please be patient. If you get into bootloop, perform the wipe cache/dalvik operation. For more details and support, visit the developer's XDA thread.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter