Antec Announces the High Current Pro Platinum 1000 Watt Power Supply Unit
Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components, announces the High Current Pro 1000 Platinum power supply, the first kilowatt-class PSU offered by Antec certified for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency. Delivering a minimum of 1000 watts of Continuous Power, the HCP-1000 Platinum makes a reliable addition to the enthusiast's or overclocker's PC.
The HCP-1000's four +12V rails deliver 40A of output each with low ripple & noise levels and an output ratio of up to 100 percent. Characteristic of Antec's top-line power supplies, this unit delivers stable DC current with all Japanese capacitors and keeps cool with a 135 mm thermally controlled double ball bearing fan.
Users can now get the best performance without compromise while taking advantage of 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency certification. This rating ensures that the unit maintains a minimum of 89 percent efficiency across 20-100 percent load levels; the HCP-1000 Platinum runs as efficiently as 94 percent.
Maximizing convenience during installation, Antec's new power supply offers full modularity with Stealth Wires -- darkened wires that reduce visibility in the chassis when connected and routed -- and a set of slim 8-pin connectors. Two of these connectors can be plugged into each of the unit's 16-pin sockets, which also allow for future connectors of 10, 12, 14 and 16-pins.
"We wanted to give users the best possible feature set for their investment in a 1000 watt power supply," said Mafalda Cogliani, Global Marketing Director at Antec. "We designed a highly versatile, practical cabling to maximize cable management options and pushed High Current Pro to Platinum-certified efficiency to create a PSU package unrivaled by competitors at this wattage class."
The HCP-1000 Platinum is now available in North America on Newegg.com, in Canada on NCIX.com, and other major retailers at a $269.95 MSRP. It includes an Antec Quality seven-year parts and labor warranty.
HCP-1000 will be available in Europe the week of April 9.
Please visit the product page at http://www.antec.com/hcp-1000 for more information.
- 1000W Continuous Power - Guaranteed 1000W of Continuous Power from Antec
- 80 PLUS® PLATINUM certified - Up to 94% efficient, to reduce your electricity bill
- Save Energy and Money - Reduce your electricity bill by up to 25%
- AQ7 - Antec Quality 7 year warranty and lifetime global 24/7 support
- 16-pin Socket - Industry-leading 16-pin sockets double the modular connectivity by supporting 2 different 8-pin cables per socket and allow for future connector changes
- 28(20+8)-pin MBU socket - World's first socket for possibe future MBU connectors
- 135 mm DBB Silence - Whisper-quiet high-quality double ball bearing fan with long lifetime
- Thermal Manager - An advanced low voltage fan control for optimal heat & noise management
- High Current Rails - 4 High Current +12V rails with high load capabilities ensure maximum CPU & GPU compatibility
- 100% +12V - Output for maximum CPU & GPU support
- Multi PCI-E - 6 PCI-E connectors for multiple GPU support
- CircuitShield - Full suite of industrial grade protections: Over Current Protection (OCP), Over Voltage Protection (OVP), Under Voltage Protection (UVP), Short Circuit Protection (SCP), Over Power Protection (OPP), Over Temperature Protection (OTP), Surge & Inrush Protecion (SIP), No Load Operation (NLO) & Brown-Out Protection (BOP)
- All Japanese Heavy-Duty Caps - All high-performance Japanese capacitors ensure tightest DC stability and regulation
- ErP Lot 6: 2013 - Compliant to the toughest energy standard available
- PhaseWave Design - A server-class full-bridge LLC design with a synchronous rectification based on a DC-DC topology
- Stealth Wires - All wires darkened for minimal visibility in chassis