This Nougat ROM Brings iOS Emoji, Note 7 Exclusive Features, and S8 Lockscreen
If you are tired of using the same popular custom ROMs for every new Android device that you buy, here is a new custom firmware making waves in the Android forums. Today, we are focusing on a ROM that promises to bring “new” features to an old device. Based on Nougat, Gold Eagle Android 7 ROM for Galaxy S6 brings you a number of exclusive features from Note 7, along with new emoji from iOS. Follow this guide for the list of features, download links, and steps to install Gold Eagle Android 7 ROM for Galaxy S6.
Gold Eagle Android 7 ROM for Galaxy S6 features
- Updated to latest official stock.
- Latest stable Magisk root V11.1.
- Build prop tweaks.
- Added Edge features.
- BusyBox installer.
- Added S8 lock screen and clock fonts.
- Added Applock.
- Private mode fully working.
- Updated apps with latest versions.
- Enabled centered Data usage on status bar.
- Choose between INTERNATIONAL csc or VoLTE csc.
- Init.d and SU.d support.
- My little speakers and earphones audio Boost.
- Added iOS 10.2 emojis.
- Added Floating button to camera.
- Unlock after reboot with fingerprint.
- Updated Google Apps.
- Updated Samsung apps.
- Disabled Signature Check.
- Updated GameOptimizer.
- Added camera flash on low battery.
- Fast animations +0x5.
- Tmo and W8 support (needs confirmations).
- Added my personal theme.
- Updated SBrowser, Notes.
- Set rom to official status.
- Advanced power menu.
- S8 lockscreen clock like.
- Added TouchwizHome page transitions.
- USB Plug/Unplug disable wake up.
- Emergency Button with a Toggle.
- Power Off Button with a Toggle.
- Removed Volume Safe Warning.
- Added Virtual lock toggle.
- Added Network speed in status bar.
- Added Mobile data in power menu.
- Added Rotation toggle for lock screen.
Prerequisites to flash Android 7 ROM for Galaxy S6 G920I
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920I as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S6 model SM-G920I; please do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices. You can download the links for your own Galaxy S6 model from this developer thread.
Steps to install Gold Eagle Android 7 ROM for Galaxy S6
Required files: download the Gold Eagle custom firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S6 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Gold Eagle Android 7 ROM for Galaxy S6 and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920I into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.