Time to Update Your Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.2? Try This ROM for Lag-Free Performance
Samsung Galaxy S7 users can now get the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat for their devices using the AEX custom ROM. AOSP EXtended ROM is an AOSP based firmware that offers stock user interface along with various other features. "The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects," the ROM developer writes. "Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box." Follow this guide for all the features of AEX Android 7.1.2 for Galaxy S7, along with links and steps to update Galaxy S7 G930F to Android 7.1.2.
AEX Android 7.1.2 Nougat features
-Substratum Theme Engine
-Omni's QSHeaders Background
-One Handed UI
-Statusbar Clock/Date customizations
-Dashboard suggestions/summaries (Enable/Disable)
-Increasing Volume in Ringtone
-D2S on Navbar
-Long press Back button to kill app
-Dashboard Column configurations
-Detailed Location QS Tile!
-Statusbar Traffic Indicators
-Dt2s on Statusbar
-QS quick pulldown
-QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable)
-QS Tiles Animations
-Force expand notifications (Enable/Disable)
-Immersive Mode messages (Enable/Disable)
-MediaScanner behaviour on boot
-Power Menu Customizations
-Additional Battery Saver steps
-Volume Rocker tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode)
-PT BR Translations
-Update Fling Logo
-Add gestures back to settings app
-QS haptic feedback
-One tap data & Wifi tile
-Auto brightness icon toggle
-Clickable clock and date in statusbar header
-Long press gear icon in statusbar header launches Extensions
-Show 4G instead LTE switch
-Night Mode QS Tile
-Long press caffeine tile action
-Customize QS Rows/Columns
-Customize small QS Tiles
-StatusBar brightness control
-Double tap on lockscreen to sleep
-Quick Unlock for PIN/Password
-Battery Styles and percentage
-Navbar QS Tile
-Flip Button Animation
-Unlink Notification volume
-Status bar clock Seconds
-Partial ScreenShot Type
-Pixel's UI (Navbar/Accent/Pixel launcher)
-Camera sound toggle
-Advance Ambient Display
-Longpress power button on lockscreen for torch
-Toggle Lockscreen Media Art
-Toggle Lockscreen music Visualizer
-Bluetooth QS tile easy toggle
-Disable QS on Lockscreen
-Invert Ambient display's Color
-Toggle Dynamic notification card's color
-Low Battery Notification Toggle
-Hide Clock/Date/Alarm text from lockscreen
-Lockscreen Clock's Font customizations
-Weather on lockscree
-Heads up customizations
-DU's HW button rebinding
-Button backlight customizations
-Recents clear all fab button and re-positioning
-Recents Free Ram bar
-Custom Carrier label
Prerequisites to flash AEX Android 7.1.2 for Galaxy S7 G930F
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP (developer preferred) or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to install AEX Android 7.1.2 for Galaxy S7
Required files: download AEX Nougat for Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F and save it on your computer. Do not extract contents. Also, download OpenGApps.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AEX custom firmware and confirm the installation process.
- Repeat the above step but install OpenGApps this time.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Don't forget to share your experience with AEX Android 7.1.2 for Galaxy S7. We'd also love to hear about your favorite Galaxy S7 custom ROMs.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter