We have already shared with you the steps to flash official Android 5.1.1 on Nexus 5. If you are looking for some custom ROMs, xTraSmooth has just been updated to 5.1.1 for Nexus 5. Remember, this is one of the first few ROMs that brought Android 5.1 to the Nexus smartphone. Stable, reliable and fast, xTraSmooth Android 5.1.1 is popular for its no-fuss, AOSP-close look and feel.
Here is how to get xTraSmooth Android 5.1.1 for Nexus 5 that brings much stability and speed to the performance.
Flash Android 5.1.1 for Nexus 5:
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
xTraSmooth Android 5.1.1 for Nexus 5:
- Connect your LG Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the CMW recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the XtraSmooth Android 5.1.1 Lollipop file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so please don't get alarmed. Enjoy the sweetness of latest lollipop.