AMD Driver 17.8.2 Improves Performance in PUBG & F1 2017 on RX Vega 64; Optimized for Destiny 2 Beta
AMD Driver 17.8.2 has been released as part of Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2, which improves performance in PUBG and F1 2017 for RX Vega 64 GPU’s. In addition, the new driver is optimized for the Destiny 2 beta.
According to AMD, performance in the early access build of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUND has been improved by up to 18% on Radeon RX Vega 64 cards compared to the previous driver. Furthermore, a performance improvement of up to 4% was measured in F1 2017.
Like yesterday’s new NVIDIA GeForce driver, AMD’s 17.8.2 driver is also optimized for Bungie’s Destiny 2 PC beta.
Apart from optimizations, the new driver also fixes various issues, including a random corruption issue in the Windows desktop for those using the Radeon RX Vega cards. You can find you full release notes down below:
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Highlights
- F1™ 2017 •Up to 4% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.8.1(1)
- PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS™ Early Access •Up to 18% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.8.1(2)
- Destiny™ 2 Beta
- Display may blank or go black after install upgrade with Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products.
- Random corruption may appear in Microsoft desktop productivity applications on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- The “Reset” option in Radeon Settings Gaming tab may enable the “HBCC Memory Segment” feature instead of setting it to the default disabled state.
- Radeon WattMan may not reach applied overclock states on Radeon RX Vega series graphics.
- Unable to create Eyefinity configurations through the Eyefinity Advanced Setup option.
- Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background.
- GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
- Windows Media Player may experience an application hang during video playback if Radeon ReLive is actively recording desktop.
- Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
- After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.
You can download Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 right here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter