How To Add iTunes Pass To Passbook / Wallet App On iPhone
Here's how you can add iTunes Pass to Passbook or Wallet app on iPhone. Once added, your iTunes Pass will be a thumb's reach away.
Passbook, which has been rebranded to Wallet in iOS 9, is one place where you can store all your passes and credit cards for use in different locations. But little do people know that you can actually add your own iTunes Pass straight to Passbook or Wallet using a few simple steps. We'll walk you through the process of how you can do just that, and explain the advantage of having it just a tap away.
Add iTunes Pass to Passbook / Wallet
1. First and foremost, launch the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Once the App Store is done refreshing and all the content is done loading, scroll all the way down till you reach the 'Apple ID' section as shown in the screenshot below. Tap on it.
3. You'll be presented with a pop-up, tap on 'View Apple ID.'
4. You will be required to enter your Apple ID password, do so when prompted for it.
5. You're now in 'Account Settings' for your Apple ID. Scroll down a little and you'll see a button labelled 'Add iTunes Pass to Passbook.' Tap on it and you'll be presented with your iTunes Pass with an 'Add' button on the top right hand corner. Tap that as well.
6. Open Passbook or Wallet app to confirm that the process was successful. You can tap on your iTunes Pass to make it entirely visible on the display along with a QR code.
At this point you must be wondering why you would want to add your iTunes Pass to Passbook or Wallet? First of all, if you're living in a supported country, you can actually use your iTunes Pass to top up balance to your account. Simply walk into an Apple Retail Store, present your iTunes Pass to a Specialist, tell him / her the amount of balance you wish to recharge, and it will be added to your iTunes Account using a QR code being displayed on your iTunes pass. And secondly, the iTunes Pass is the best way to see your remaining balance in real-time. Every single time you make a purchase on the App Store or the iTunes Store, your credit will be updated on the fly, giving you a quick glimpse of your financial situation when it comes to all things iTunes. If you're not bothered by any of those two things we mentioned, then hey, having an iTunes Pass makes the Passbook / Wallet app look cool. Just putting it out there.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter