4.2.2 Jelly Bean Omega 3.1 Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4
Omega 3.1 custom ROM for Galaxy S4 is based on Android 4.2.2 AOSP containing Samsung Nature UX 2.0 interface along with other bloatware. The custom firmware includes floating Omegadroids, multi-window manager, SuperSU, updated SU binaries, camera shutter sound on/off, 100% deodexed, flash player support via Boat browser, has hide SMS from call logs function, rooted, zipaligned, busy box, extended reboot menu containing recovery and download options and much more!
Omega 3.1 is one of the most popular custom firmwares for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 variants. Based on XXUAME2 Jelly Bean it is basically stock Samsung Android 4.2.2 edited OS rooted and running a custom recovery image.
Note: this tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 (snapdragon 600) i9505 model.
Prerequisites to flash Jelly Bean Omega 3.1 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Your Galaxy S4 must be rooted.
- Create backup of all the important data on your Galaxy S4 since the tutorial asks you to wipe data.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that USB drivers for SGS4 are installed on your computer.
- Also ensure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed on your SGS4: follow these tutorials for CWM and TWRP installation.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 is charged up to more than 70% of battery.
Guide to root 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OMEGA 3.1 Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 to computer using USB cable and copy the file onto your smartphone’s SD card. When the files are copied, disconnect Galaxy S4 from PC.
- Power off your S4 and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
- Perform Nandroid backup (optional): backup and restore > backup. Important step if you want to restore back in case you don't like the custom firmware.
- Next perform data wiping tasks (you can skip this step if you are running XXUAME2 rooted firmware on your S4): select wipe data/ factory reset option and confirm it. This will wipe your data. Also, perform wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache (from advanced) operations.
- Tap on install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdCard. Locate the Omega 3.1 4.2.2 JB custom ROM for Galaxy S4 and start the installation process.
- When firmware installation is completed successfully, repeat the above step to install Google Apps Package.
- Once done, return to the main menu of the Recovery screen and select reboot system now.
- The first boot will take a few good minutes so please be patient to let things settle down.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Snapdragon is now running Omega 3.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM!