Install XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 – How to
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 has received a very important official update titled XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat. We hope you have already updated your Note 8.0 to this latest update and are enjoying all the amazing features that it brings in. For a few, XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 get you all the amazing animations, icon styling, and enhanced UX on top of the TouchWiz along with popular Samsung Settings layout.
If you haven’t yet upgraded, here is a guide to help you install XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE N5120.
XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 firmware:
Model name: GALAXY Note 8.0 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Thu, 15 May 2014 19:11:23 +0000
Product Code: DBT
Prerequisites to install XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 on Note 8.0:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 8.0 on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Disable KIES on your computer before starting the flashing process.
- Make sure to disable any running antivirus programs: can interfere with flashing process.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Note 8.0 to XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 official:
Required files: download the XXDNE4 Android 4.2.2 firmware file for Galaxy Note 8.0 from here. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip both these files into a folder on your computer.
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Note 8.0 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Open Odin and connect your Note while it’s in Download mode. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Check Re-Partition only if you select a .pit file in the step below.
- Select the following files:
- Click on PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name – ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name – ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file – ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on the START button to initiate the update process. When installation is successfully completed, ID:COM in Odin will turn green and Odin will show a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from PC.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: reboot your Note into recovery mode and select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your Note to the normal mode. It should work fine now.