Flash XtreStoLite Custom Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S5 – How to
There are still aren’t many options when it comes to stable custom firmwares for Samsung Galaxy S5. However, the list is being updated with new additions every now and then. The latest Samsung Galaxy S5 custom ROM comes in the shape of XtreStoLite Android 4.4.2. The custom firmware is based on XXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat and gives a very stock experience on the S5. Galaxy S5 custom ROM is the best for those who are looking for stock look and feel on their flagship smartphones. Here is how to download and install this Galaxy S5 custom ROM.
XtreStoLite Android 4.4.2 details:
- Stock XXU1ANE2 firmware
- Stock Kernel
- Unique separate Aroma Add-on Package
- Latest Google Keyboard
- SuperSu rooted & BusyBoxed
- KNOX fully removed
Prerequisites to flash XtreStoLite Galaxy S5 custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S5 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash XtreStoLite on Galaxy S5 G900H:
Required files: download the XtreStoLite Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S5 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S5.
- Boot in to Recovery Mode: switch your Galaxy S5 on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Follow it by performing wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the XtreStoLite Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S5 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.