XCOM 2 – E3 2015 Gameplay Trailer
2K have released the official E3 2015 Gameplay video of XCOM 2, showcasing XCOM soldiers strike back against the alien occupation by sabotaging an ADVENT landmark. The demo showcases some of the aspects and details described in the E3 2015 eyes on experience by Jeff Williams.
Some features of XCOM 2 can be viewed below:
- The base is now actually mobile, and it’s a large converted alien supply craft named Avenger.
- There are five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree, including new class abilities. Momentum is one of these.
- The state of the world will actually affect the environment of each mission.
- You can build and configure rooms inside the Avenger.
- Mission environments include wildlands, alien-controlled megacities and alien installations.
- Mod tools will allow you to create “your own campaign, tactical gameplay, aliens ands trategy game features” and share them via Steam Workshop.
- Competitive multiplayer will be supported with mixed squads of aliens and humans on randomly generated maps.
XCOM 2 is set to release for PC in November, and is under development by Firaxis Games.
Set twenty years into the future, after humanity has lost the war against the aliens. Feral Interactive will develop a port for Mac and Linux, but no console version has been announced.
“In XCOM 2, the roles have been reversed, and XCOM is now the invading force. They are hampered by limited resources and must constantly evade the alien threat in their new mobile headquarters. Players must use a combination of firepower and stealth-like tactics to help XCOM recruit soldiers and build a resistance network, while attempting to expose the evil alien agenda and save humanity. XCOM 2 will introduce gameplay features such as procedurally-generated levels, which will make each experience unique to the player, as well as offer a much deeper level of modding support. Additionally, XCOM 2 will offer a variety of new content including five updated soldier classes, increased soldier customization, more alien and enemy types, evolved tactical combat”
We will bring you any new information on XCOM 2 as soon as it becomes available.