Leaked Screenshot Shows Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 14267.1004
Microsoft is working on a new Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14267.1004 that could be rolling out to the Fast ring later this week.
Windows 10 Mobile build 14267.1004:
Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile build 14267 last week, marking it the first update coming from the Development Branch. According to a leaked screenshot, Microsoft is already working on a new update which may be released as soon as this week. As we have already seen an accelerated frequency of preview builds, it doesn’t seem unlikely of Windows 10 Mobile 14267.1004 to be coming to the Fast ring members very soon.
There is no information about what to expect in this upcoming Windows 10 Mobile Redstone preview build, except for @tfwboredom tweeting “Thicker font, slightly different scaling + fancy gradient”. But, looking at the new improvements that came with the last preview build, it is expected that the next build will also bring in some new features and enhancements. Redstone marks the next development stage for the latest operating system as it starts focusing on improving the features rather than fixing bugs. As Windows 10 PC expects to receive final Windows 10 Redstone update this summer, Windows Phone is still awaiting the release of Windows 10 Mobile.
However, as Microsoft is working to synchronize both the desktop and mobile operating systems, the Redstone updates may very be rolled out at the same time, once they are ready for the public later this year. Following are some of the changes and improvements that were released in Windows 10 Mobile 14267 preview build:
- Search for music easier in Cortana: We have made it easier to invoke music search in Cortana by adding a music search icon to the top right of Cortana. You can now open Cortana and tap on the music search icon to have Cortana listen and search for the song that’s playing.
- Word Flow now works in the address bar in Microsoft Edge on your phone: For fans of Word Flow, we heard your feedback, and we have re-enabled the ability to use shape writing in the address bar in Microsoft Edge on your phone!
- Open InPrivate tabs more easily in Microsoft Edge on your phone: We take the need for private browsing seriously, and InPrivate has been a feature of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Mobile from day one. However, we received feedback from Windows Insiders that the InPrivate feature was either hard to find or missing on their phones. As a result, we’ve moved the button to create a new InPrivate tab to appear right next to the new tab button. The next time you need a private tab in Microsoft Edge, you’ll find it right in your tabs view. Try it out on your phone and let us know what you think.
- Improved Download Prompts in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge will now show a prompt when you start a download, allowing you to cancel unwanted downloads.
- Messaging + Skype improvements: You can now attach photos to your Skype messages by tapping on the paperclip icon at the lower left as you’re composing a new Skype message to a contact. Additionally, you can also invoke the Camera app to take a photo to attach to your Skype message too or send along your location.