Windows 10 Mobile 10586.122 is Out – Available Only for Slow and Release Rings
After releasing Windows 10 cumulative update 10586.122 for PC, Microsoft has now started pushing out the same update for its Mobile Insiders.
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 10586.122:
Microsoft’s latest preview release for Windows 10 Mobile focuses on stability improvements and the upgrade experience. Along with other devices, Microsoft has added support for 4 new devices that will be able to receive today’s update if they are enrolled in the Windows Insider program. These include: MCJ Madosma Q501, BLU Win HD W510U, BLU Win HD LTE X150Q, and ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce XL.
Windows 10 Mobile 10586.122 is only available to the Insiders on the Slow and Release Rings as the Fast Ring is limited to fewer devices. If you are on the Fast ring and want to experience the new preview, you will have to switch back to the Slow or Release Preview rings, Microsoft has suggested:
Windows Insiders with devices on the Fast ring which are not yet receiving updates from the Development Branch would need to temporarily switch to the Slow or Release Preview rings if they want to receive this build.Advertisement
If you are a member of Windows Insider Program, make sure the Slow or Release Ring is enabled in the Windows Insider app. If you on the Redstone Release (Fast), you will have to roll back the OS. Sounds confusing? Here’s some help:
- On Fast Ring but not receiving updates from the Development Branch (Redstone)? Simply switch to Slow or Release ring to get this update.
- On the Fast Ring and receiving Redstone update? You will have to go back to Windows 8.1 using Windows Device Recovery Tool and then download Windows Insider app to get this latest release.
Here is all that is fixed in Windows 10 Mobile 10586.122 cumulative update:
- Improved Kanji input experience while using Continuum.
- Improved the speed in which thumbnails appear for portrait videos.
- Improved Internet Sharing on select mobile network configurations.
- Fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge that prevented Word Flow input on some sites.
- Fixed an issue that previously prevented the option to “Close all Tabs” in Microsoft Edge from closing all open tabs.
- Improved IMS registration on select mobile network configurations.
- Fixed an issue where adding your MSA during OOBE would fail and prevent the account from being re-added after the failure.
- Improved the email sync experiences when connecting to Wi-Fi networks with a captive portal.
- Improved data connection profiles for dual SIM devices.
- Updated background processing of multiple changes to improve battery life of devices.
- Improved quality of video record to SD memory cards.
- Improved video recording audio in some cases.
- Improved overall OS reliability, including reliability of the Start screen, app updates, and the Windows Feedback app
- Improved Alarm reliability.