Microsoft Finally Releases Windows 10 Mobile 15025 to Fast Ring Insiders
Following yesterday’s release of Windows 10 Creators Update Preview Build 15025, Microsoft is now rolling out the same update to the Mobile Insiders. The build brings the same feature updates to the Mobile Insiders on the Fast ring. Today’s build for Mobile comes after nearly a two-week hiatus due to some blocking technical issues.
The improvements include:
- Microsoft Edge can now read aloud.
- Microsoft Edge and emoji: Microsoft Edge will now display full-color, updated emoji by default on websites that use emoji.
- Introducing Collections in Feedback Hub.
- New mono audio option in Ease of Access settings.
You can download the build from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. The new Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update Preview Build 15025 focuses more on bug fixing than new features. Here’s what’s improved.
Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update 15025 fixes
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Outlook Mail and Calendar tiles sometimes no longer updating for some Insiders until the tile had been resized.
- We fixed an issue where insiders with certain devices, such as the Lumia 635 and 636, might not have been able to manually change the brightness.
- Windows Insiders should no longer have trouble connecting to certain Google sites due to an implementation of a new security model being rolled out to further enhance user security.
- To help save characters when typing in fields with a character limit, we’ve added a new ellipsis child key for Latin-based languages (such as English, German, and French) when you press and hold the period key on the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where the Quiet Hours quick action button in the Action Center wasn’t working in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where notifications using stylized icons had an unexpected amount of padding underneath for high-DPI devices.
- We fixed an issue where receiving a new email notification and tapping on it to open the message wouldn’t open the Mail app or message.
- App developers can now request to pin their primary tile, just like secondary tiles, allowing apps to highlight their awesome live tiles.
- We fixed an issue where on some Lumia phones, such as the Lumia 950, there was no dimming prior to the screen turning off.
- We fixed an issue where pressing the Print Screen key on the keyboard in Continuum wouldn’t take a screenshot of the second display.
- We fixed an issue where preview thumbnails weren’t appearing as expected in the task switcher when using Continuum.
- We fixed an issue impacting apps written for Windows Phone 8.1, where they might crash if certain types of dialogs were open in the app and the touch keyboard came up.
- We improved battery life when OneDrive or similar tasks are running in the background.
- We fixed an issue where the Cortana live tile would appear blank and not showing the Cortana icon for some languages.
- We fixed an issue where pressing the mic button in Cortana, and then immediately pressing the Go button on the keyboard, would result in an “I can’t hear anything” error, rather than speech input being cancelled and a search performed.
- We fixed an issue where the description for the new Apps section of Settings referred to desktop settings rather than mobile ones.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard wouldn’t dismiss after pressing enter when doing a search on the Apps & features Settings page.
- We fixed an issue where the media buttons on a keyboard connected to the phone over Bluetooth would stop working after Bluetooth had been turned off and back on.
- We fixed an issue where Settings might sometimes appear blank except for the search box (until it had been closed and reopened).
- We fixed an issue where the Settings gear would appear pixelated on high-DPI devices when Settings was pinned to Start.
- We fixed an issue where Settings might hang and then crash after tapping on “Fix Me” or “Start\Stop Insider preview Builds” on the Windows Insider Program Settings page.
- We fixed an issue where Settings would crash on the Sign-in options page if you tapped “I forgot my pin”, set it up again, then tapped “remove”.
- We fixed an issue where a string saying SystemSettings.ViewModel.SettingEntry was unexpectedly displayed on the Narrator Settings page.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Messaging app icon on the lock screen sometimes appearing as a red X as opposed to the expected message bubble.
- We fixed an issue resulting in videos captured with the Camera app unexpectedly appearing with a greyed-out thumbnail in Photos.
- We fixed an issue on recent builds resulting in cellular connectivity sometimes unexpectedly not working after a reboot for Insiders on certain cellular networks.
- We fixed an issue with certain connected Bluetooth peripherals resulting in Groove Music not resuming playing music after ending a Skype call.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Podcast app being muted after the app had been suspended.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not being able to read the list of possible tones that could be picked from ringtones when selecting an alarm tone in the Alarms & Clock app.
For known issues and more, head over to the official announcement.