Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide Gets New Trailer Showcasing Gory First-Person Melee Combat
Fatshark has released a new trailer for Warhammer: End Times Vermintide, which showcases the game’s melee combat system. Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide is using Umbra’s Cloud Graphics Optimization Software. In the trailer the developers of Warhammer: End Times Vermintide explain how they’re bringing Warhammer into a bloody, melee-focused first-person combat game.
Vermintide is a co-operative action first person shooter and melee combat adventure set in the End Times of the iconic Warhammer Fantasy universe.
Vermintide takes place in and around Ubersreik, a city overrun by Skaven. You will assume the role of one of five heroes, each featuring different play-styles, abilities, gear and personality. Working cooperatively, you must use their individual attributes to survive an apocalyptic invasion from the hordes of relentless rat-men, known as the Skaven. Battles will take place across a range of environments stretching from the top of the Magnus Tower to the bowels of the Under Empire.
- Cooperative survival for up to four players – Band together with your friends or die alone. Vermintide will continuously test the teamwork and skill of you and your friends.
- Diverse heroes – Five distinct characters to choose from, each with their own personality, agenda and story to tell. Learning what it means to work together is key to the groups survival.
- Experience the Skaven like never before – A rising tide of malicious and cunning rat-men, hacking, clawing and eviscerating all that stand in their way. Face vicious packs of clan-rats and deadly specialized elites.
- Unpredictable enemies – Vermintide features a dynamic spawn system providing a constant set of new challenges lurking behind every corner.
- Engaging story – Games Workshop veterans have banded together to write a fantastic new addition to the Warhammer lore, offering a new perspective on the cataclysmic events of The End Times.
- Nowhere is safe – The Skaven boast incredible mobility, able to climb and leap fantastic distances to make life a living hell for the Players. No matter where you go, they will be there, ready to pounce.
- Rewarding loot system – Focused on rewarding teamwork above all else, the loot mechanics reflect the general game design while staying true to Warhammer lore.
- Choose Your play style – Be it melee or ranged, find your favourite style using a combination of the 100+ unique weapons and trinkets available.
Warhammer: End Times Vermintide will release in Q3 2015 for the PC. We will bring you any new information on the game as soon as it becomes available.