VLUAMDJ Official Firmware Update for Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2
The first official firmware updates were released for Samsung Galaxy S4 model SGH-I337M. The latest VLUAMDJ Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for S4 i337M in Canada was rolled and can be updated via KIES utility on your Samsung smartphone. In case you haven’t received the update or KIES is not allowing you to update your SGS4 then keep reading this tutorial to manually update your Galaxy S4 i337M.
Prerequisites to root VLUAMDJ official firmware update for Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
VLUAMDJ Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware details:
Date: April, 2013
How to root VLUAMDJ official firmware update for Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2:
Required files: download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean VLUAMDJ for Galaxy S4 I337M and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware file and you would get a .tar.md5 file along with some other files (optional). Extract ODIN zip file too.
- Switch your SGS4 off and wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off. Put your S4 I337M in Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until you see an Android bot on screen. Press Volume Up key again to enter into Download Mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator on your PC.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 with your computer using USB cable. When connected, you will see a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it then try another USB port).
- Select the follwoing files from I337MVLUAMDJ folder downloaded earlier:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name.
- Next, click on the Phone button and select file with *modem* in its name (add it if you got it in your extracted folder – optional).
- Now the CSC button to select file with *csc* in its name (add it if you got it in your extracted folder – optional).
- At the end, click on the PIT button and select the .pit file. (add it if you got it in your extracted folder – optional).
- In Odin window ensure to check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. If you got the .pit file then select the Re-Partition checkbox too.
- Double check everything and then click on the START button to start the update process.
- Once the installation is done, your phone will reboot automatically and soon you will see a PASS message in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.
- Now you can unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 I337M should now run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build VLUAMDJ. Go to Settings > About phone to verify this official firmware update.