Update Xperia Z to Android 4.2.2 Official JB 10.3.1A.1.10 Firmware
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is now officially available for the Sony Xperia Z with the latest 10.3.1A.1.10 update. This latest official update has started rolling out in various regions, coming with Android 4.2.2 JB, its features, apps and capabilities. You may update your Sony Xperia Z via OTA; in case a manual update process is required or you have a rooted device, here is the tutorial to update Xperia Z manually to the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update.
Prerequisites to update Xperia Z to Android 4.2.2 official Jelly Bean 10.3.1A.1.10 update:
- USB drivers must be installed in your computer for Sony Xperia Z.
- Your computer should be installed with ADB (Android Debug Bridge).
- Backup any important data from your Xperia Z as data loss may occur.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Your Sony Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Learn to update Xperia Z to Android 4.2.2 official JB 10.3.1A.1.10 update firmware:
- Install the Flashtool app on your PC and then connect your Xperia Z with the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy both the downloaded files for official update on the Flashtool folder (c:\flashtoolfirmwares).
- Open flashtool on your computer and click on the lightning icon followed by flashmode and then select ok.
- Search for the .ftf firmwares on the flashtool folder and select the same.
- Now click on the flash button which will initiate the update process. This process may take a few minutes, please be patient and do not press any buttons during the update process.
- Once done, unplug the USB cord and reboot your Xperia Z.
- To verify, go to Settings > About Phone > Android & Baseband version and check if the Android 4.2.2 JB 10.3.1A.1.10 update has been installed on your smart phone.
Ta da! You have successfully updated your Sony Xperia Z to official Android 4.2.2 JB firmware.