Verizon has rolled out an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 handset. The update fixes connectivity issues with the phone. And the general consensus is that it does offer a lot of improvement over its predecessor. If for some reason, you would like not to wait for the update to show up on KIES and get it on your phone right now, here is a guide to update your Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535 to VRBMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Disclaimer:This guide includes instructions to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.1.2 VRBMF1 Firmware Details:
Date: June, 2013
Update Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 to VRBMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Connect your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the afore mentioned VRBMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware file and copy it to the SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the d2vzw_VRBMF1_firmware.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- When the firmware update will get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into VRBMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
You are now running latest VRBMF1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Jelly Bean ROM on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.