The carrier released UVDMD5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 T-Mobile is here to be updated. Since the ROM update will be delivered in phases, hence not all the Galaxy S3 users will receive the Android JB 4.1.2 UVDMD5 firmware at the same time. Be patient and you would get it soonest! If not, then follow this guide to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to the latest update.
You can update your Samsung Galaxy S3 via OTA and in case, you have got a rooted T-Mobile SGS3, then follow this guide to manually update the firmware on your smartphone.
Some prerequisites to update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to UVDMD5 Android 4.1.2:
- Download and install USB drivers for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that some recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to UVDMD5 Android 4.1.2 official firmware:
- Extract and install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Galaxy S3 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, select the update zip file and hit the Start button.
- When installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green.
- SGS3 will restart automatically and you can disconnect your device from PC.