Update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 to OmniROM Android 4.4 Kit Kat Custom ROM
OmniROM 4.4 Kit Kat Nightly is based on Android 4.4 AOSP, created by XplodWild and Chainfire. The ROM has elements from CyanogenMod, AOKP and a few other popular custom ROMs. You can use this ROM based on Android 4.4 Kit Kat to update your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 to the latest Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS. Follow this guide to flash OmniROM Nightly custom ROM on your Note 2.
OmniROM Android 4.4 Kit Kat Custom ROM features
- DayDream improvements added
- Integrated performance control
- Multi-window mode
- Multiple workplace
- Roadrunner mode
Note: this tutorial is only written for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 model . Please do not try it on other variants/devices.
- Download and install USB drivers for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 LTE on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your Note.
- Your Note 2 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy Note.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 carries more than 70% of charge.
Update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 to OmniROM Android 4.4 Kit Kat Custom ROM – How to
- Connect your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 LTE with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the Note’s memory card.
- Disconnect your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 from computer when the copy is done and switch it off.
- Reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 into recovery mode and take Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded OmniROM nightly custom firmware file and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 , repeat the above step but select GApps file instead.
- When done, reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 LTE to boot into the newly installed OmniROM Nightly custom firmware.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.