OmniROM 4.4 Kit Kat Nightly is based on Android 4.4 AOSP, created by XplodWild and Chainfire. The ROM has elements from CyanogenMod, AOKP and a few other popular custom ROMs. You can use this ROM based on Android 4.4 Kit Kat to update your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 to the latest Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS. Follow this guide to flash OmniROM Nightly custom ROM on your Note 2.
OmniROM Android 4.4 Kit Kat Custom ROM features
- DayDream improvements added
- Integrated performance control
- Multi-window mode
- Multiple workplace
- Roadrunner mode
Note: this tutorial is only written for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 model . Please do not try it on other variants/devices.Advertisement
- Download and install USB drivers for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 LTE on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your Note.
- Your Note 2 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy Note.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 carries more than 70% of charge.
Update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 to OmniROM Android 4.4 Kit Kat Custom ROM – How to
- Connect your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 LTE with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the Note’s memory card.
- Disconnect your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 from computer when the copy is done and switch it off.
- Reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 into recovery mode and take Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded OmniROM nightly custom firmware file and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 , repeat the above step but select GApps file instead.
- When done, reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T889 LTE to boot into the newly installed OmniROM Nightly custom firmware.