The Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules has got Carbon Jelly Bean Nightlies to be updated to the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The custom firmware has been developed by Carbon AOSP team and carries features from ParanoidAndroid, AOKP, AOSP and more. Follow this guide to successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Note: this tutorial is only written for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 so kindly do not try it on other variants/devices.
Prerequisites to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.3Carbon Nightly custom ROM:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your SGS2.
- Your smartphone should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy S2.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S2 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Carbon Nightly Android 4.3 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2:
Required files: download the latest build of Carbon Nightly custom ROM from this link and not extract the content.
- Connect your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the phone’s memory card.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S2 from computer when the copy is done and switch it off.
- Reboot in recovery mode and take Nandroid backup of your current OS of your SGS2: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded Carbon nightly custom firmware file for your smartphone and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2, repeat the above step but select GApps file instead.
- When done, reboot your smartphone into the newly installed firmware.
Ta da! You have successfully managed to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.3 using Carbon Nightly custom ROM. Have fun!