CM 11 Nightly based on AOSP Android 4.4 KitKat are going live now supporting various devices. You can now update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 KitKat based CM 11 nightly getting it all the best and the latest features and tweaks. Here is how to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 KitKat!
Note: this guide is only targeted at T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3; please to not try it on other variants. You can check these guides for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Verizon Galaxy Note 3. In all cases, your Android device must be rooted to flash any custom firmware.
Before you update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 CM 11:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in your computer.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 must be installed with ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery tool.
- Enable USB debugging option: go to Menu > Settings > More > About; and scroll down to tap the the build number 7 times. This will unlock Developer options. From Developer Options enable USB Debugging.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Steps to update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 CM 11 Nightly:
Here is how to update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 CM 11 Nightly:
- Connect Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using a USB cable to your computer.
- Copy the CM 11 nightly zip file to your device’s SD card and then disconnect the USB cord.
- Power off your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and boot it into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- After Nandroid, perform factory reset tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now from menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4 for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 custom firmware.
- Confirm the flashing process.
- When completed, repeat the above process for installing GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy Mote 3 into the new CM 11 Nightly custom ROM.
Ta da! Your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is now proudly running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CyanogenMod 11 Nightly custom firmware!