How to Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 KitKat CM 11 Nightly
CM 11 Nightly based on AOSP Android 4.4 KitKat are going live now supporting various devices. You can now update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 KitKat based CM 11 nightly getting it all the best and the latest features and tweaks. Here is how to update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 KitKat!
Note: this guide is only targeted at T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3; please to not try it on other variants. You can check these guides for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Verizon Galaxy Note 3. In all cases, your Android device must be rooted to flash any custom firmware.
Before you update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 CM 11:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in your computer.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 must be installed with ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery tool.
- Enable USB debugging option: go to Menu > Settings > More > About; and scroll down to tap the the build number 7 times. This will unlock Developer options. From Developer Options enable USB Debugging.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Steps to update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 CM 11 Nightly:
Here is how to update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 CM 11 Nightly:
- Connect Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using a USB cable to your computer.
- Copy the CM 11 nightly zip file to your device’s SD card and then disconnect the USB cord.
- Power off your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and boot it into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- After Nandroid, perform factory reset tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now from menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 11 Nightly Android 4.4 for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 custom firmware.
- Confirm the flashing process.
- When completed, repeat the above process for installing GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy Mote 3 into the new CM 11 Nightly custom ROM.
Ta da! Your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is now proudly running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CyanogenMod 11 Nightly custom firmware!
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.