Sprint has released another Android 4.3 JB update for Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720. This update is said to fix the sleep mode and other issues found in Sprint’s earlier L720VPUEMJA update. To update Sprint Galaxy S4 to L720VPUEMK2 Android 4.3 JB OTA, go to Settings > About Device > Check for Software Update.
Here is how you can manually update Sprint Galaxy S4 to L720VPUEMK2 Android 4.3 JB official update.
Device name: Samsung Galaxy S4
Model number: SPH-L720
Build number: JSS15J.L720VPUEMK2
Prerequisites to update Sprint Galaxy S4 to VPUEMK2 Android 4.3 JB:
- Download and install USB drivers for SGS4 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 L720carries more than 70% of charge.
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 L720 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In your Odin, click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name (required).
- Click on Phone to select a file with *modem* in its name, on CSC button select a file with *csc* in its name and finally click on PIT to select the .pit file – all these latter three are optional files so do not worry if you haven’t got any such files.
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Start the flashing process.
- When official update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 L720 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off S4 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.