Update Sony Xperia Z C6602/03 to Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 Jelly Bean Leaked OTA
Sony Xperia Z, Sony’s flagship smartphone has just received a leaked OTA Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, courtesy DooMLoRD on XDA Forums. This is great news, specially considering the fact that Sony did not initially release the phone running Android 4.2.2 i.e. latest version of Android OS.
You can also read about other ROM upgrades and custom ROMs that you can install on the Sony Xperia Z here.
Please be advised, that this is a leaked version of an impending OTA firmware update. And you might face certain issues, albeit none has been reported so far. It’s also requested that you do not cross flash the ‘ROM’ and the ‘KERNEL’.
Prerequisites to check before you update Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 Jelly Bean Leaked OTA:
- Backup any important data from your Xperia Z as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- A Nandroid backup is also recommended since it will help you to restore to current state if you do not like the new ROM. In the recovery follow this path: backup and restore > backup.
- Your phone must be on 253/.307 build
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Sony Xperia should be having a recovery tool: we are using ClockworkMod.
- Your Sony Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 Jelly Bean Leaked OTA
Required files: download the Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 Jelly Bean Leaked OTA firmware file, or from here for Xperia Z. Unzip the fastboot.zip file on the C:\ drive. Extract the Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 Jelly Bean Leaked OTA firmware folder and copy the boot.img file in the fastboot folder.
- Connect Xperia Z to PC using a USB cable and copy the ROM files on the phone’s SD card. Disconnect your phone afterwards.
- Now power your Sony Xperia off and reboot into ‘Fastboot’ mode: hold down volume down and power buttons simultaneously.
- Run Command Prompt, with Administrator rights.
- Run the following commands in Command Prompt.
- Reboot the phone into ‘Recovery Mode’; hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery mode, perform wipe tasks: wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache and finally from advanced, select wipe dalvik cache to clear the dalvik cache.
- Return to main menu and select Install Zip from SD Card followed by Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate the downloaded Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 Jelly Bean Leaked OTA ROM file and confirm installation.
- Once the installation is finished, select Go Back and then select Reboot System Now.
cd C:\Fastboot |
C:\fastboot flash boot boot.img | In case the aforementioned command returns with message which says “Waiting for Device”, enter the following command
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot boot.img. One the process is completed, you will receive a notification saying “finished”/OKAY.
Awesome! Your Sony Xperia Z is now running the latest Android 4.2.2 10.3.A.0.407 Jelly Bean Leaked OTA.