Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightly – How to
Android 4.4 custom ROMs have now a new addition of the very popular OmniROM custom firmware. The OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightlies have been released for Sprint variants of Android devices. Here is how to flash OmniROM Android 4.4.2 nightly custom firmware on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE.
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightly:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightly:
Required files: download the OmniROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S4 LTE from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now, from recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the OmniROM Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Ta da! This was the process to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightly custom firmware.