Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 AOSP ROM ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid is a very popular custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 now based on AOSP 3+ project. The latest Paranoid Android 3.10 version is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean AOSP & CyaongenMod builds.
The best features found in this ROM include the new Mail drivers from CM, PIE Controls, PIE toggle icons, updated Quick Settings, PIE Controls disable support, latest SuperUser integrated, added battery circle option and many numerous other functions and options.
You will though still find some bugs and crashes which can be ignored with some alternative tactics. If you want to update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 AOSP ROM Paranoid Android, then follow this guide to flash it on your Galaxy device.
Important: this guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300. Please do not attempt to update any other models or devices following this post.
Prerequisites to check before you update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 AOSP ROM ParanoidAndroid:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 custom ROM Paranoid Android:
- Connect Galaxy S3 i9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your galaxy device.
- Disconnect the cable and switch off your SGS3. Boot in to CMW recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Next, perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if Paranoid Android does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. – very important step since it’s a custom ROM and might contain bugs.
- Now we need to perform a full data wipe operation by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition.
- Now from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the PA ROM file from Sd Card and select it using power button. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Once done, repeat the above step but this time select gApps file instead of the firmware file.
- Navigate to +++++Go Back and select reboot system now. Wait for the device to boot in to the latest AOSP based ParanoidAndroid ROM based on Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy S3 i9300.
Try the latest ParanoidAndroid 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for your Galaxy S3 and let us know about your hands-on experience with it!
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.