Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 JB Carbon Nightly Custom ROM
Carbon 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly is based on Android 4.3 AOSP and has elements from CyanogenMod, AOKP and a few other popular custom ROMs. You can use this nightly ROM based on Android 4.3 JB to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. Follow this guide to flash Carbon Nightly custom ROM on your Note 2.
Note: this tutorial is only written for LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model N7105. Please do not try it on other variants/devices.
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 using Carbon Nightly custom firmware:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your Note.
- Your Note 2 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy Note.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Note 2 LTE carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 using Carbon nightly custom firmware:
Required files: Get the latest build of Carbon nightly from this link. Do not extract the contents yet.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the Note’s memory card.
- Disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 N7105 from computer when the copy is done and switch it off.
- Reboot your Note 2 into recovery mode and take Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded Carbon nightly custom firmware file and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105, repeat the above step but select GApps file instead.
- When done, reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE to boot into the newly installed Carbon Nightly custom firmware.