Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 JB Carbon Nightly Custom ROM
Carbon 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly is based on Android 4.3 AOSP and has elements from CyanogenMod, AOKP and a few other popular custom ROMs. You can use this nightly ROM based on Android 4.3 JB to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. Follow this guide to flash Carbon Nightly custom ROM on your Note 2.
Note: this tutorial is only written for LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model N7105. Please do not try it on other variants/devices.
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 using Carbon Nightly custom firmware:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your Note.
- Your Note 2 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy Note.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Note 2 LTE carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 using Carbon nightly custom firmware:
Required files: Get the latest build of Carbon nightly from this link. Do not extract the contents yet.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the Note’s memory card.
- Disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 N7105 from computer when the copy is done and switch it off.
- Reboot your Note 2 into recovery mode and take Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded Carbon nightly custom firmware file and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105, repeat the above step but select GApps file instead.
- When done, reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE to boot into the newly installed Carbon Nightly custom firmware.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.