Update Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMC8 Official
Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA update has been released for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. Android 4.1.2 offers some impressive features like Google Now service, buttery smooth user interface, improved voice search and keyboard, gesture-typing, expandable notifications and many other features.
If unfortunately you didn’t receive this official XXMC8 Android 4.1.2 JB update, then read this post to manually upgrade your phone. We would be doing this using the ODIN tool. Make sure to follow all the prereqs before moving forward.
Important: this tutorial is specifically written for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 model number i8160. Do not attempt to upgrade any other device using this guide.
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMC8 Official firmware:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Ace 2 in your computer.
- Make sure to back up all the important data. Learn how to back up.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- In order to let the Odin work, make sure that your PC doesn’t have the Samsung KIES running. Disable all the anti-virus programs too.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 i8160 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMC8 firmware:
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXMC8 firmware from here. Extract the contents on your computer. Download Odin 1.85 from here.
- Switch your Galaxy device off and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously. Release the keys when Download Mode appears.
- Launch Odin exe file on your computer and connect Galaxy Ace 2 to it using a USB cable. ODIN will display an added!! message once your device is successfully connected.
- Next, click on the PDA button on Odin and load the XXMC8 I8160 .tar.md5 file. Ensure to disable the Re-partition option if it’s enabled. Do not tinker with any other default settings of Odin.
- Press START to initiate the installation process of this latest OTA update for your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 device. The installation would take a few minutes. When it’s done, your smartphone will reboot automatically. Disconnect it from the computer then.
Your Galaxy Ace 2 will now boot in to the normal mode and upgraded to the latest Android 4.1.2 XXMC8 OTA update! Test the new OS and customize the settings to enjoy the new firmware to the best.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.