Flash Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – How to
TeamUB custom ROM is back in our regular Android guides and this time for a rather new device – Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Based on the very latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, TeamUB brings features, stability and improved performance to Samsung devices. ROM supports OTA updates so you won’t have to worry about flashing repeatedly to get the new features or Android builds.
Here is how to update Note 4 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based TeamUB custom ROM.
– Recommended: Some of the Best Lollipop Custom ROMs
TeamUB Android 5.1.1 Lollipop features:
- OTA updates
- Centre clock
- Battery percent in the status bar
- Network traffic indicator
- Date settings
- Listview animations
- AOKP System animations
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Quixk settings Customization
- Heads up notifications
- Proximity speaker
- Performance settings
- Network Traffic
- App circle sidebar
- Clock fonts
- Battery styles
- Wakelock blocker
- DSLV controller
- Statusbar ticker
- Apps to SD
- Nav Bar height
- Status bar double tap to sleep
- Custom notification lights
- Recent Panel settings
- Privacy options
- Fluid interface
- Best battery improvements
- All latest CM commits
Prerequisites to update Note 4 to Android 5.1.1 custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Note 4 to Android 5.1.1 TeamUB custom ROM:
- Connect Galaxy Note 4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the TeamUB Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 4 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.