Flash CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note 4
Based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, CyanogenMod 13 is now available for quite a few devices. If you have been waiting to try the latest of the team CM, here is how you can flash it on Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Bringing the popular CM features and system tweaks, this Nightly ROM also adorns your Note 4 into beautiful colors of Marshmallow. Follow this guide to update Note 4 N910F to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based CM13.
Prerequisites to update Note 4 N910F to Android 6.0 CM13 custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy Note model N910F; please do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Note 4 N910F to Android 6.0 CyanogenMod 13:
- Connect Galaxy Note 4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step, but choose GApps instead of the ROM file.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 4 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.