Update Nexus S I9020 to Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM
If you are a Nexus S i9020 owner, then there is way to get all those fun features of Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. If you wish to install the custom ROMs in Nexus, update your device to Android 4.2.1 with the help of CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM.
Before proceeding to update Nexus S i9020 to Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM, remember that this is a nightly build, hence your device could get FC errors, boot loops apart from other bugs. But that is always reversible by installing the stock firmware or any other stable custom ROM.
General requirements before updating:
- Create a backup of your existing ROM
- Before flashing ensure that your device has 80% of more battery power
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed
- Enable the USB debugging option in Nexus S
How to install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM on Nexus S:
- Download Android 4.2.1 CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM and Google Apps on your computer
- Check if the USB drivers are properly installed
- Connect Nexus S with computer via USB cable and copy downloaded files to the SD card
- Turn off your device and disconnect from USB cable
- Now Nexus S i9020 should enter Bootloader mode. Power on your device while pressing the Volume Up, Down and Power buttons
- Step by step follow the instructions onscreen, choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- Perform data wipe in CMW recovery and scroll down to elect Flash Zip from SD Card
- And then choose Zip from SD Card
- Select ROM file after navigating to it. Confirm installation and the installation process should begin here
Repeat the above steps to install Google Apps and go to +++++Go Back. Reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now to finish and update Nexus S i9020 to Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM. The Jelly Bean update should now be installed on your Nexus S.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.