The AOKP team has finally come out with the next version of CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 Custom Rom. This unofficial custom rom is based on Android 4.4 KitKat containing all of its of new features. And with the new release schedule, it will only be bringing more features to consumers, faster than ever before. CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 supports a wide variety of handsets, including the Motorola Droid RAZR XT912. Here is how you can install CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 on Motorola Droid RAZR XT912.
The team has introduced several new features in the new CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 ROM.
Before installing this ROM, it is pertinent to mention that ROM flashing can cause your phone to brick. While, the majority of ROMs today prevent your device from getting bricked, it is still advisable to practice caution. Because it will be your responsibility in the event of your device getting bricked.
- CyanogenMod 11 4.4 KitKat ROM For Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 [File: cm-11-20131126-UNOFFICIAL-spyder.zip]
- Google Apps [File: gapps-jb-20131102-signed.zip]
Update Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 to Android 4.4 KitKat Unofficial CyanogenMod 11
- Connect your Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 with the PC, via USB cable.
- Download the above mentioned CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat file and copy it to the internal SD card of your phone, without unzipping it.
- Disconnect your phone and switch it off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to complete the power down cycle.
- Now, you will boot the Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Volume Down and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Click on ‘Install zip from internal sdcard’ option, then on ‘Choose zip from internal sdcard’. Once in directory, look for cm-11-20131126-UNOFFICIAL-spyder.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you will need to re-do step 7, but choose gapps-jb-20131102-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat. Your phone will take a while to boot for the first time, after the installation of the new rom, do not panic!
You are now running CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on Motorola Droid RAZR XT912. If you are facing any issues, feel free to mention it in our comments section.