Update HTC One X to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2
We shared the steps and guides about upgrading your HTC One X Endeavoru to the latest AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. You can now download and update your HTC One X to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.1 Nightly too.
Developed by the CynogenMod Team, CM10.1 Nightly comes up with so many customizations that you can’t just ignore. So read this tutorial and update HTC One X to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Important: The CM10.1 ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is still under development and may contain bugs and issues. Though all the issues will be resolved as the development progresses.
Prerequisites before you update HTC One X to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2:
- Take a backup of your important data on your HTC One X: contacts, messages, emails, etc.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Ensure that your devices is rooted and has ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Make sure your HTC device has at least 80% of battery.
Guide to Update HTC One X to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- CM10.1 ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For HTC One X [Filename: cm-10-20130217-NIGHTLY-endeavoru.zip] &
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip]
- Connect your HTC One X to computer using USB data cable and copy the downloaded files. Do not extract any files.
- Disconnect from PC and turn your phone off.
- Boot your phone in bootloader mode: hold the volume down and power buttons at a time.
- Find the recovery mode using volume buttons and select it using the power key.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current ROM in case you need to restore it later. To do so, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup. When the backup process is done, go back to main recovery mode.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and select yes on the next screen to perform the data wiping task. It would take a few minutes to finish. Go back to recovery main menu and select wipe cache partition, when done select wipe Dalvik Cache under the advance menu option to perform the dalvik cache wiping.
- Now select install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Locate the cm-10-20130217-NIGHTLY-endeavoru.zip downloaded earlier and confirm installation on the next screen which begin the ROM installation process.
- Repeat the above step but choose gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip file instead of the ROM file to install Google apps package.
- Go back to the main recovery menu after installation and select reboot system now to reboot your HTC One X and boot up in to the newly installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 custom ROM.
Ta da! Your HTC One X is up and running the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based customized CM10.1 Nightly ROM.