Install Barebones CM11 Android 4.4.4 on HTC One M7 – How to
Based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Barebones has been compiled using CM11 offering a great level of customization. Barebones CM11 Android 4.4.4 KitKat is one stable ROM giving you some of the best battery backup as you go by using your smartphone. Here is how to update HTC One M7 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat using the Barebones CM11 custom firmware.
Barebones CM11 Android 4.4.4 details:
- init.d support
- All CM11 settings
- Removed Bloat
- Init.d Tweaks (Speed/Battery + forced ondemand governor and noop I/O scheduler. Also optimized oom values and ondemand governor)
- Build.prop Tweaks (Speed/Battery + Removed unnecessary logs and added optimization tweaks for pictures and such)
- Removed Apps (List of apps down below.)
- Removed Boot Animation + Unnecessary fonts and sounds
- Removed Google Analytics via noAnalytics Remix (Just like in the AOKP ROM)
- Silent Camera
- Zipalign on boot
- Database optimization on boot
- ART & MultiBoot compatible!
Prerequisites to update HTC One M7 to Android 4.4.4 with CM11:
- Backup any important data as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device from developer options.
- Ensure that ADB and Fastboot is correctly configured on your PC
- Your HTC One M7 should be having a recovery tool like ClockworkMod or TWRP.
- Juice up your device to at least 60% of power.
How to update HTC One M7 to Android 4.4.4:
Required files: download the Barebones CM11 Android 4.4.4 KitKat from here and extract the boot.img file separately.
- Connect your device with computer using a USB cable and copy the firmware zip file on your device’ SD card root.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and then disconnect your HTC One M7 when the copy is done.
- Switch off your phone now and reboot into Bootloader / Fastboot mode: turn your HTC One M7 back on while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your PC and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt. Type the following command:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter
- fastboot reboot; press Enter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and then select Bootloader > Recovery.
- Once in CWM, perform wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition and then finally wipe dalvik cache (from advanced).
- Return to the main screen and press Install zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card and locate the downloaded Android 4.4.4 firmware file.
- Confirm the installation and Reboot your HTC One M7 when finished.
That was how to update HTC One M7 to Android 4.4.4 using the Barebones CM11 custom firmware.