How to Update HTC Droid DNA to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
How to update HTC Droid DNA to Android 4.2.2 JB:
If you own a Verizon Droid DNA, here is some long awaited good news! While Android 4.2.2 JB no longer makes us excited, however, not all devices support the latest firmware. Among these devices is HTC’s Droid DNA which wasn’t yet upgraded to the latest firmwares.
Verizon has finally released a 600MB weighty update to bring Droid DNA up to the level with other devices. This update beings a pool full of features and goodies, like:
- Quick Settings
- Smart Dialer
Apart from these feature, HTC Droid DNA will also feel some improvements and get bug fixes. Issues fixed:
- Picasa albums not showing in the gallery
- Improvements to Bluetooth performance
- Enhanced navigation
- Fixed to remember the default settings on the device.
- Talk back feature improvements
- Fixed a problem that could cause the device to not display the Voicemail indicators
- Enhanced BUA+ contacts
- New and improved design for recent app display
- Fixed a problem that was causing ‘Reset to default APN’ functionality to not select the default APN (VZWINTERNET)
- Fixed a problem that was causing HULU+ application to display green screen on the device after the user connects HDMI cable
- Improvements for long duration video recordings using native camera
- Fixed a problem that was causing battery to drain while the phone was powered down in certain conditions
- Fixed a problem that was causing BUA+ Contact to sync with the server even after the backup option was unchecked
- Fixed a problem that was causing *611 (Global Customer Care) to not get translated correctly when roaming on TELUS network in Canada
- Improved Wi-Fi performance
- Enhanced Wi-Fi: pop-up timer increased from 30 minutes to 12 hours
You can update HTC Droid DNA to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in two phases: Verizon is first updating the devices with 2.08.605.1710RD release preparing the device for the actual goodies build 3.06.605.4. Don’t forget to check for OTA updates.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.