Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1 Nightlies ROM
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has just received its own CM 10.1 Nightly ROM which is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 comes with all the features of Android 4.2.2. Continue reading this tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to the latest firmware.
Important: This tutorial is strictly written for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model number P5113. Please do not try to install it on any other device.
Pre requisites before you update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1 Nightlies ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your Tab 2 carries more than 80% of charge.
Learn to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1 Nightlies ROM:
Required files: Download the custom ROM file from HERE and
- Google Apps Package for CM 10.1 from HERE. – Don’t extract these files.
- Connect your tablet to computer using USB data cable and move the above downloaded files on your SdCard. Disconnect the Tab 2 when files are successfully transfered.
- Turn your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 off to boot in to recovery mode.
- For booting in to the recovery mode, press Volume down and Power buttons together until the custom recovery menu appears.
- Create the Nandroid backup of your currently installed ROM if you don’t have one already. This will create a restore point for your Tab 2 10.1 in case something goes wrong with the cyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies ROM – recommended step.
- Now we will perform the wiping data operations: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the operation – skip this step if your tablet is already sporting a CM10.1 ROM, in which case you will be just flashing the new build over the old.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard and locate the CM10.1 nightlies ROM and confirm its installation.
- Repeat the above step but this time choose GApps zip instead of the ROM file to install the Google Apps Package.
- Once these both files are successfully installed, go back the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot in to the new Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightlies ROM.
The first boot takes a few minutes so do not get worried. Try this new ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 and let us know about your experience.