Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CarbonRom
Previously we have written about CarbonRom for many Android devices which is a proof about the user-experience of this custom ROM. CarbonROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 is an aftermarket custom firmware now based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This custom ROM works very smoothly on the Tab 2 P5110 tablet and features lock screen options, navigation functions and many other tweaks. If you wish to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, this amazing custom ROM can do it for you!
Some features of CarbonRom:
- Built with Dhollmen Kernel
- Smooth & really fast
- Dark Carbon (invert ROM without reboot)
- Pie Control (thanks ParanoidAndroid for that)
- Phone / Phablet / Tablet UI
- LockScreen options
- StatusBar & NavBar options
- Xposed Framework & much more tweaks
Want to know how to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CarbonRom? Follow our very comprehensive tutorial to learn the steps.
Important: this tutorial is only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model number P5110. Please do not attempt to update any other models or devices following this post.
Pre requisites before you update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CarbonRom:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 to CarbonRom based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Mount your device memory on computer using data cable and copy the downloaded files. Make sure to store them in the card root, not any folders.
- Switch off your device and disconnect from USB cable.
- Boot in to the CMW recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once in ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe operation: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache. Once done, from CMW go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache.
- Next, from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Find the CarbonRom jelly bean zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for the Gapps package.
- After the installation is finished, go to +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the tablet by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P5110 will now boot into the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based CarbonRom. The first might take a few minutes, so be patient.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.