Download and install the latest official UBDMD2 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100. You can update your tablet from OTA or via KIES. In case you have got a rooted device or haven’t yet received the update notification then follow this guide to manually install the update on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to UBDMD2 Android 4.1.2 official firmware:
- Back up all your important data before starting the installation process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
- Make sure you have USB drivers for Tab 2 10.1 on your computer.
- Ensure to charge up your Tab 2 to at least 70%.
How to update Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to UBDMD2 Android 4.1.2 official update:
- Boot your Tab 2 10.1 in Download mode and run Odin .exe as an Administrator on your computer – admin rights are required.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with computer using the USB cable. You will get a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- Click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name (required). Click on Phone to select a file with *modem* in its name, on CSC button select a file with *csc* in its name and finally click on PIT to select the .pit file. The last three are optional.
- In Odin window make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Also, select Re-Partition if you have got a .pit file.
- Double check everything in the last two steps and then click on the START button to initiate the update process.
- Once the installation is successfully finished, your Galaxy Tab 2 will reboot automatically and soon you will get a PASS message in Odin.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is successfully updated to the latest official firmware update.