Samsung has been bringing in speedy updates in order to bring the latest Android software to its entire product line up. They have now released for Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G GT-P7000; XWMPI Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Official Firmware. While this update is available via KIES and it is recommended that you get it from there. If for some reason, you cannot access the official update or would like not to wait and get it on your tablet right now, here is a guide to update your Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G GT-P7000 to XWMPI Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Official Firmware.
Disclaimer:This guide will use a tool; Odin to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G GT-P7000. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G GT-P7000. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.0.4 XWMPI Firmware Details:
- Android 4.0.4 P7500UBLPA for Galaxy Tab 10.1 [file is being uploaded]
- Odin 3.07
Guide to Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G GT-P7000 to XWMPI Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware
- Download and Extract file is being uploaded to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
- Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Power off your tablet. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- You will then put your Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G GT-P7000 tablet in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes the Samsung Logo. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G GT-P7000 with your PC. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted XWMPI firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file extracted in Step 1.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
- Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G GT-P7000 should now be running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build P7500XWMPI. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.