Time to Upgrade Your Galaxy S5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat – Steps to Install the Custom ROM
Having already shared with you a few Android 7.0 based custom ROMs for your Galaxy S5, it’s time for you to update your SGS5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. AOKP based Android 7.1.1 custom ROM is now available for a fast and stable experience. Here are all the steps to update Galaxy S5 to Android 7.1.1 AOKP custom firmware.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 to Android 7.1.1 ROM
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: The beta custom ROM is a work in progress. For more features, problems, bugs, and support, please visit developer’s thread.
How to update Galaxy S5 to Android 7.1.1 AOKP ROM
Required file: download AOKP Android 7.1.1 ROM and copy the zip file to your SD card
- Reboot your SGS5 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until the screen flashes. After a few seconds, your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary to enable you to recover your current ROM if you don’t like the new firmware. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Then, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose a zip from SD card. Locate the custom ROM and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. The ROM installation will now begin.
- Repeat the above steps to install Gapps.
- When done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your S5 to the latest firmware.
Running Nougat on your Galaxy phone? Don’t forget to share your favorite ROMs with us.