Update Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 EuphoriaOS Custom ROM – How to
Popular Euphoria Lollipop custom firmware has now been updated to the very latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. This custom ROM gives AOSP-like experience on you SGS4 with some neat features added here and there for you to customize. Follow this guide to update Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 based EuphoriaOS custom firmware.
EuphoriaOS Lollipop features:
- AOSP Based
- Disabled tether checking
- IME selector notification control
- Advanced reboot
- Adb notification control
- Adb over network
- Long press back to kill
- CPU info overlay
- Status bar brightness control
- Superuser built-in
- Show battery percent
- Option to disable lock screen carrier label
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop EuphoriaOS:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the EuphoriaOS Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9500 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good few minutes so please be patient.