How to Update AT&T Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 KitKat – Dandroid Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 can now be updated to the very latest Android 4.4 KitKat with the flashing of Dandroid custom firmware. Dandroid 4.4 KitKat custom ROM is rooted and offers you customization options. Here is how to update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Dandroid custom firmware.
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Dandroid custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- AT&T Galaxy S4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Dandroid KitKat custom ROM:
Required files: download the CM 10.2 custom firmware for Galaxy S4 LTE from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Dandroid Android 4.4 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 i337 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully flashed Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest Android 4.4 KitKat with Dandroid custom firmware.