AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 can also now be updated to the latest CyanogenMod 10.2 custom firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Since this is an early build of the ROM on Android 4.3, you might find some little bugs. CM 10.2 is based on AOSP and gives you stock Android experience on your Samsung smart phone. Read this tutorial to install and update your Galaxy S4 I337 to CM10.2 Android 4.3 JB custom firmware.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 to CM 10.2 Android 4.3 custom firmware:
- Download and install USB drivers for AT&T Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that some recovery tool like ClockworkMod or TWRP is installed.
- Also ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 to CM 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom ROM:
- Mount your device memory on computer using USB cable and copy the CyanogenMod firmware file.
- Disconnect from PC and switch your smartphone off.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power buttons.
- Nandroid backup: go to Backup and Restore > Backup – important step to be able to restore back if anything does not work out.
- Now from recovery menu perform complete data wipe operation: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache. Finally go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the CM10.2 Android 4.3 custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 and confirm its installation.
- Go back and reboot the smart phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
Ta da! CM 10.2 is now flashed on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 model SGH-i337. Let us know about your experience with the custom ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.