Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 users have recently got the official update release XXUAMDL 4.2.2. You can now upgrade your SGS4 via OTA or using Samsung KIES. In case you cannot do it the auto way due to a rooted device, then follow this tutorial to manually upgrade your Galaxy S4 model i9500 to latest XXUAMDL firmware build.
XXUAME1 Android 4.2.2 firmware:
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDL official firmware:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDL official firmware:
Required files: download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMDL for Galaxy S4 I9500 and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some other files (optional). Extract ODIN zip file too on your computer.
- Switch off your SGS4 i9500 and wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Put your Galaxy S4 in Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until you see an Android bot on screen. Press Volume Up again to enter into the Download Mode.
- Run Odin .exe as an Administrator on your computer (admin rights are required) and connect your S4 i9500 with your computer using the USB cable. Once connected, you will see a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port).
- When successfully connected, select the following files from earlier downloaded I9500XXUAMDL firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name.
- Now click on the Phone button and select file with *modem* in its name. And then add CSC button to select file with *csc* in its name (add these two if you got the files in your extracted folder – optional).
- In Odin window make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are checked and nothing else is.
- Double check everything to confirm and then click on the START button to start the official firmware update process.
- Once the installation is successfully finished your smart phone will reboot automatically and soon you will get a PASS message in the screen of Odin.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable from your computer.
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 has been updated to recently released official firmware Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build XXUAMDL. To verify: go to Settings > About phone and confirm the official firmware update.