Update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDK Jelly Bean Official
The official latest firmware update XXUAMDK is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 bringing the latest features of Jelly Bean on this new exciting Android phone of the year (so far). XXUAMDK firmware update is available to download from Samsung KIES, and we are also writing a step by step guide to help you do it manually in case you haven’t received it yet.
Note: this tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9500. Please do not try it on other variants.
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDK Jelly Bean official firmware:
- Back up all your important data before starting the installation process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Make sure you have USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- Ensure to charge up your SGS4 to at least 80%.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMDK Jelly Bean official firmware:
Required files: download Android 4.2.2 I9500XXUAMDK official update for Galaxy S4 to your computer and extract the zip file. Also download the ODIN v3.07 through which we will be updating the smartphone.
- Switch your SGS4 off and enter in the Download Mode: press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons simultaneously and then press the Power button till you see the Android robot icon with a triangle. Press the Power key again to confirm.
- Now open ODIN exe on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer while in the Download Mode. When your phone is successfully connected, the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow. This might take some time.
- Now we would select the files to flash on the phone, downloaded earlier.
- 1. click on PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- 2. next click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- 3. now click on CSC to select the file with CSC in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- 4. and finally click on PIT and select .pit file - ignore if there is no such file.
- After selecting these files above, in ODIN check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Check the Re-Partition option too IF you selected a .pit file in the above step.
- Once done with files and checkboxes, click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will take a few minutes to complete.
- When the installation is done, your SGS4 will restart automatically. When you see the home screen, disconnect your phone from the computer.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 has now been updated to the official Android 4.2.2 build XXUAMDK. To verify, go to Settings > About phone.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.