Update Galaxy S4 Exynos Octa to XXUENA2 Android 4.3
This is the latest update in firmware of Galaxy S 4 GT-I9500 (Exynos Octa). In case you had missed out this update through OTA, then you can try a manual method to update firmware through Odin. Coming back to the topic, this firmware was released on January 10, 2014 and in the month on January Update Galaxy S 4 Exynos Octa got the second firmware update, first one was on 5 Jan 2014.
Version: Android 4.2
Region: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Let move toward how to Update Galaxy S 4 Exynos Octa to XXUENA2 Android 4.3 before that please read out the Pre-requirement portion
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S 4 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S 4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘Odin’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S 4 Exynos Octa. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S 4 Exynos Octa. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Here is how you can update Galaxy S 4 Exynos Octa to latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
How to update Galaxy S4 Exynos Octa to XXUENA2 Android 4.3
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin;
- Click on AP and select the Android 4.3 XXUENA2 test firmware file named AP_ I9500XXUENA2_.tar.md5;
- Now click on BL and load BL_ I9500XXUENA2_373648.tar.md5;
- Next, click on CP and load CP_ I9500XXUENA2.tar.md5;
- Finally, click on CSC and select CSC_OXA_ I9500XXUENA2.tar.md5.
- Disable Re-Partition on Odin and hit the START button to initiate the flashing process.
- When I9500XXUENA2 Android 4.3 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from the computer.