It’s been a while since the release of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and many custom ROMs have already started to release for different Android devices. Vanilla Rootbox 4.2.2 JB is out for the Samsung Galaxy S3 model SCH-R530C. Follow this very comprehensive, step by step guide to flash your S3 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using Vanilla RootBox custom ROM!
Prereqs before you update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Vanilla RootBox:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530C carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Vanilla RootBox Custom ROM:
- Connect your S3 SCH-R530C to PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files on the SD card of your phone – do not extract any files.
- Disconnect USB cable and switch the phone off.
- Boot into CWM recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Leave all three buttons for half a second and hold them again until you see the ClockworkMod recovery screen.
- Now perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be able to restore to current state in case the new ROM doesn’t work for you. To perform it, go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Next, we will perform data wiping tasks: go to wipe data/factory reset > Yes. Return to CWM main menu and select wipe cache partition and finally select Advance > wipe Dalvik cache.
- After the wiping operations, go to install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the firmware file and confirm the installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for GApps package.
- When Google Apps package installation is done, go back to the main menu and select reboot system now to reboot the S3.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is now running the very new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean supported with Vanilla RootBox custom ROM. Do not forget to give us your feedback!